Lunch-time treat! This is a recipe I wrote back in September. I had some extra bananas that are about to go bad, so I used what I had in the house to make a delicious and overly decadent breakfast. I recommend eating this with ice cream as a dessert or with sour cream as a richer breakfast or brunch item. They are really easy to make, and, personally, I think this is the best recipe I’ve come up with and it is definitely the most delicious. Let me know if you give it a try, I would love some feedback!
(Also, click the source link at the bottom to view this on allrecipes.com. Leave me a review there also if you decide to make this at home! Thanks!)
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2-3 tablespoons whiskey (I prefer Irish whiskey, but bourbon would work equally as well)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tortillas
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- In medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add bananas and sugar, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour in whiskey, and stir. Add honey and let mixture simmer for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove banana mixture from heat.
- Heat tortillas by placing each in the microwave for 8 seconds on high.
- Spoon mixture onto tortillas and roll up, making sure to tuck in the ends.
- Secure with a toothpick. (Optional)
- Heat vegetable oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry until golden brown on each side, approx. 2 minutes.